Crock Pot Coca-Cola Pulled Pork
INGREDIENTS – SERVINGS 6-8
- 1(4 -5 lb) pork roast (shoulder or butt)
- 2teaspoons garlic, minced, dehydrated
- 2teaspoons onions, minced, dehydrated
- 1⁄4teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1liter Coca-Cola (or other brand of cola)
- 1(20 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (Can’t go wrong with Head Country)
- Place roast in a 5 quart crock pot. Season with garlic, onion, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Add liquid smoke and pour in Coca-Cola until it reaches nearly the top of the roast (or covers it depending on the cut of meat).
- Set Crock Pot on low heat and cook for 8-10 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove roast from Crock Pot to a platter. Remove any bones and trim all fat. With a fork, begin “pulling” pork apart into thin shreds. Add barbecue sauce and fold into meat.
- Serve pulled pork on a burger bun or on its own.
- Note: If preparing this dish for a potluck, pour 1 cup of Crock Pot liquid into a measuring cup and discard the remainder. Then return pulled pork to Crock Pot, set on warm or low heat setting, add 1/2 cup of reserved liquid (to keep the meat from drying out) and cover until ready to serve. If the meat is in the Crock Pot for more than one hour, add more liquid as needed for moisture.